Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Menu Plan Monday and Tightwad Tip Tuesday: Vacation Bible School edition

Please forgive my delay in posting, but this week, I am teaching Bible verses to a gaggle of beautiful three, four, and five year olds. I'm a little cooked by the end of the day! Because of that my menus are simple and to the point this week.

Monday: fending for self, Baboo tailgating at Brewers game: popcorn with parmesan cheese
Tuesday: Date night!! A backpacking cooking seminar at REI, then probably Qdoba (if I can talk my sweet baboo into it)
Wednesday: Pork loin, mashed potatoes, green beans, salad
Thursday: Picnic at softball game (hot dogs, chips, apples, cookies)
Friday: Date night!! Very likely to be dinner at Il Mito, thanks to my very best friend in the whole world, who gave me a gift card and told me to let someone else cook for a change.
Saturday: Costco!! Pizza!!
Sunday: Whatever my sweet Baboo desires.

My tightwad tip for today: use a lot of peanut butter and jelly? Make sure to use a good old kitchen spatula to scrape the sides and bottom of the jar. You can usually get another sandwich worth's, or at least enough to smear on the back of a couple chocolate covered graham crackers. (go ahead, ask me how I know).

No comments: