Friday, October 9, 2009

Target: How I Maximize My Money with Internet and Manufacturer Coupons

Very recently, a brand spanky-new Target opened up in my neck of the woods. It's not quite a SuperTarget, but the grocery section is greatly expanded to include fresh meats, produce, and bread. This makes me happy for a couple of reasons.

First, who doesn't like one stop shopping? If I happen to need a girls' size 8 leotard, a cutting board, and organic spring mix and bratwurst for dinner, I can now get that at one place. Sa-weet.

Second, I don't do Wal-Mart. I grew up in Arkansas, and I remember when Wal-Mart meant customer service. Around the year 1995, that ceased to be the case. So I don't do Wal-Mart. Besides, I once walked into a Hyper-Wal-Mart (no, I'm not kidding, there's one in Kansas City, Missouri) and after about ten seconds, walked back out. No thankee.

Third, did you know there are Target coupons that you can use in addition to manufacturer's coupons? It's true. For example, here's a deal I did today at the new Target:

Kellogg's Whole Grain Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts 8 count 1.85
-1.00/1 Target coupon here
-.55/1 manufacturer's coupon from a newspaper insert
FINAL PRICE: .30 per box

That's called "Stacking" in coupon vernacular, and obviously it will save you a ton of money. Here's another fabulous deal.

Chex Mix 8.5 oz bag 1.35
-1.00/1 coupon here
-.50/1 coupon here
FINAL PRICE: FREE plus overage

Check back at the wonderful Target coupon generator for many more deals. Happy shopping, y'all!!!

1 comment:

BWoz said...

I'm with ya on "No Wal*Mart" for similar reasons. I sometimes am forced to go into that store, but try to avoid it!

I love me some Target though! I had a $1.00 manny pop-tarts coupon (from the inside of a previous box), plus a $0.50 Target and got a box for 2 cents!